How can we help?
- Advisory services to determine the most appropriate commercial vehicle
- Drafting the Memorandum and Articles of Association
- Incorporating companies in Malta
- Drafting and negotiating shareholders agreements
- Advisory services relating to restructuring exercises
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Assistance relating to legal due diligence processes
- Share-transfer agreements: Negotiations and drafting
- Business succession – Advisory on strategy and drafting of agreements
- Exit strategy – Advisory and drafting
Corporate law is a fundamental part of our practice. Compliance with all aspects of company law and regulation is fundamental for all organisations, irrespective of size or industry in which they operate in.
The different types of entities and organizations that can be setup in Malta are diverse, providing a number of possibilities for start-ups, family owned businesses and multinational enterprises alike.
Whereas the most popular entity remains the limited liability company, clients are now also able to setup trusts, foundations and other types of special purpose vehicles.
We work closely with our clients to understand their respective needs and requirements in order to ensure that the type of business entity is adequate to the needs and requirements of each particular client.
sammut.legal is also particularly strong in mergers and acquisitions, having advised on several M&A transactions over the past years.
The primary legislative instrument in corporate matters is the Companies Act, Chapter 386 of the Laws of Malta and fully transposes all EU directives and regulations into Maltese law, and is closely modeled on the UK laws.
Related News & Insights
On the 1st of January, 2019, the MGA initiated the first phase of its Sandbox Framework for the acceptance of Virtual...
On the 1st of November 2018, concurrently with the Virtual Financial Assets (“VFA”) Act coming into force,...
By means of a notice dated 4th October 2018, the regulator for gaming in Malta, the Malta Gaming Authority ("MGA") ...